LASIK, commonly referred to as laser eye surgery or laser vision correction, is a type of refractive surgery for the correction of myopia, hyperopia, and astigmatism. The LASIK surgery is performed by an ophthalmologist who uses a laser or microkeratome to reshape the eye’s cornea in order to improve visual acuity.Since in recent years Lasik has developed as a permanent alternative to eyeglasses or contact lenses.As of 2011, over 28 million LASIK procedures have been performed worldwide.
Surveys of LASIK find rates of patient satisfaction between 92 and 98 percent.
Some really significant advantages of Lasik Eye Treatment are:
- The purpose of glasses is only limited to peripheral vision while that of LASIK once done improves overall vision. So, once you are efficiently done with a Lasik treatment you need not to worry about the things whether falling in your primary visual field or not. You will be able to see things clearly even outside your visual filed.
- LASIK classically improves vision a lot better than glasses or contact lenses do. It provides a precise vision, especially when the patient received custom procedures that map the exact contours of the eye. That means after the surgery you will step out with a better vision that you ever had. Certain LASIK procedures can help address higher or lower order aberrations of the eye, resulting in improved vision. Studies have shown that about 95% of patients who receive LASIK surgery achieve uncorrected visual acuity (UCVA) of at least 20/40 and 85% achieve 20/20 vision or better.
- The one and the best feature of a Lasik eye Treatment is that it provides long lasting results or we can also say it is a cure for life time. Following a stabilization period of about 3 months for the eye to adjust, LASIK results are expected to be permanent. There is no need for follow-up procedures and the patients improved eyesight will last barring any normal loss due to aging or illness.
- One more benefit that makes Lasik as any easy and convenient solution is the quick recovery of patient. Most ophthalmologists estimate that patients can return to their normal schedule as soon as the day after surgery unless your workplace is something extremely dusty. So how about having a better vision within a day’s effort.
It’s a very safe and secure option for those who want to get rid of their glasses or lenses. LASIK is a good option for those who have moderate vision problems and want the security of being able to see clearly without any dependence.
- Statistical analysis revealed that vision loss risk as a result of an infection for contact lens wearers is higher than vision loss risk as a result of an infection from LASIK. Daily contact lens wearers have a 1-in-2,000 chance of significant vision loss. The researchers calculated the risk of significant vision loss consequence of LASIK surgery to be closer to 1-in-10,000 cases.
- The patient will appropriate much more than the cost incurred. LASIK over time will probably save you more money than you spend. A lot is already spent on buying a number eyeglasses and pair of contacts and more expenses are on the way for the same. Then how about getting a clear vision through LASIK and forget about all the outgoings you make for your unworthy eye instruments. Granted, LASIK surgery costs several times that amount but you only have to pay for it once- after several years LASIK surgery will pay for itself by eliminating the need for contacts and even begin to save you money.
- There are also some downsides to LASIK but they are relatively few as compared to the benefits we get from it. There are relatively few complications associated with wearing contact lenses, and almost none associated with wearing glasses. LASIK has been a lifesaver, for some who could now participate in activities they may never have had if not treated their eyes to surgery